From Statistical physics to computer science and back...
* My long-time collaborator Lenka Zdeborova is looking for Oustanding post-docs to study (deep) learning problems.
* I recently founded a start-up called LightOn, where we aim to solve machine learning problems (litteraly) at the speed of light!
* I am organizing a workshop in Les Houches next winter with Lenka Zdeborova on Statistical Physics, Learning, Inference and Networks.
* Our review on Statistical Physics of Inference is published in Advances in Physics.
* Statistical Inference * Inverse problems on graphs * Statistical physics of disordered systems * Quantum Phase Transitions * Constraint Optimization Problems (e.g. Graph Coloring and Satisfiability) * Coding and information theory * Neural networks * Machine learning
Education and Employment
Junior member of the Institut Universitaire de France,
Visiting scientist in the Simons institute in Berkeley, 2016
Professor UPMC and Researcher at Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, 2013-present
Associate professor (Maître de conférences) at ESPCI ParisTech, 2004-2013
Postdoctoral Fellow, Università di Roma la Sapienza, 2002-2004
Ph.D. in Physics, LPTMS, Université d'Orsay Paris-Sud, 1999-2002
A detailed CV (pdf) last updated 02/13/15
Some of my seminars in video on youtube.
* Variational free energies for compressed sensing, F
Krzakala, A Manoel, EW Tramel, L
Zdeborova Information Theory (ISIT), 2014 IEEE
International Symposium on, 1499-1503
* Spectral redemption: clustering sparse networks , F. Krzakala, C. Moore, E. Mossel, J. Neeman, A. Sly, L. Zdeborova and P. Zhang Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 110, 20935 2030 (2013)
* Statistical-Physics-Based Reconstruction in Compressed Sensing, F. Krzakala, M. Mézard, F. Sausset, Y. F. Sun and L. Zdeborova, Phys. Rev. X 2, 021005 (2012)
* Inference in particle tracking experiments by passing messages between images Tracking particles by passing messages between images, M. Chertkov, L. Kroc, F. Krzakala, M. Vergassola and L. Zdeborova, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 107, 7663 2010
* Simple Glass Model and their Quantum Annealing, T. Jorg, F. Krzakala, J. Kurchan and A. C. Maggs, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 147204 (2008)
* Gibbs states and the set of solutions of random constraint satisfaction problems, F. Krzakala, A. Montanari, F. Ricci-Tersenghi, G. Semerjian and L. Zdeborova, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 104, 10318 2007
Professor Florent Krzakala University Pierre et Marie Curie
Lab. de Physique Statistique
ENS and UMR CNRS 8550
Tel: +33 (0)1 44 32 25 82
Fax: +33 (0)1 40 79 47 31
Ecole Normale Superieure
24 Rue Lhomond
75231 PARIS Cedex 05
To come and see me
ENS is in the center of Paris, close to the Pantheon. My office is L284 in the Physics Departement (second floor).
University Pierre et Marie Curie